In this episode, we explain why disasters are not natural, how conflict has been the elephant in the diplomatic meeting room for decades and what’s being done to rewrite a better future for affected people.
- Banak Joshua Dei Wei, Director General for Disaster Management and National Focal Point for the Implementation of Sendai Framework in South Sudan for the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management, Republic of South Sudan
- Margareta Wohlstrom, President of the Swedish Red Cross
- Dr Ayesha Siddiqi, Lecturer in Human Geography, Department of Geography, Royal Holloway University of London
- Loretta Hieber Girardet, Regional Director, United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction for Asia and the Pacific
- Oenone Chadburn, Head of Humanitarian Support, Tearfund
- Zahi Chahine, Project Manager of Disaster Risk Management Unit, Lebanon